ONE: Kevin Belingon willing to face Bibiano Fernandes again

first_imgLights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew READ: Eduard Folayang, Team Lakay big winners at 2018 Global Martial Arts AwardsFernandes scored several takedowns throughout the fight and a couple of armbar attempts while Belingon showed his much-improved ground defense as well as his lethal striking that was punctuated by a solid counter right hand that decked Fernandes late in the fourth round.“I’m confident with my ground game. I was calm even when he was on top of me,” Belingon said.ADVERTISEMENT Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal SINGAPORE — Kevin Belingon said he would be willing to face Bibiano Fernandes for the third time shortly after the Filipino star avenged his opening-round loss in their first meeting two years ago.ADVERTISEMENT Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Durham, Bolts show tremendous heart in surviving 6 do-or-die games Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Belingon earned a split decision win over Fernandes late Friday night to become the undisputed bantamweight champion in the headliner of ONE: Heart of the Lion at Singapore Indoor Stadium here.READ: Kevin Belingon ends Fernandes’ reign, becomes undisputed ONE bantamweight kingFEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back Chriss“I’m a fighter, I’m a professional so I will take any fight,” he said.It was a close fight between the two in their rematch with both fighters having their moments. LATEST STORIES Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? View commentslast_img read more

DONEGAL MAN SCOOPS €20,000 ON MONEY SPINNER EVENT AT LOUGH ESKE CASTLE

first_imgPictured at the presentation of winning cheques were, from left to right: Brian Ormond, Money Spinner Host; Jacqueline Floyd, ticket selling agent, Floyd’s, Main Street, Co. Donegal; Eamon Foy, the winning player; Dermot Griffin, Chief Executive, The National Lottery and Paul Floyd, ticket selling agent.Pic: Mac Innes PhotographyEamon Foy from Inver, was jumping for joy after scooping €20,000 on Saturday night.He also won a city break, at the National Lottery’s Money Spinner event which was held at Lough Eske Castle.Donegal’s love affair with National Lottery games continues after a spate of successes over the last year and continued with Eamon’s fantastic success at the weekend. Well done Eamon and spend it wisely. 🙂  DONEGAL MAN SCOOPS €20,000 ON MONEY SPINNER EVENT AT LOUGH ESKE CASTLE was last modified: August 18th, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Featureslotto winLough Eske Castlenews€20Klast_img read more

Ajax beat Liverpool to Schuurs signing

first_imgTransfers Ajax beat Liverpool and Tottenham to Schuurs signing Tom Webber 17:54 12/7/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) PerrSchuurs - cropped Twitter (@AFCAjax) Transfers Liverpool Ajax Fortuna Sittard Eredivisie Premier League Eerste Divisie The promising teenage centre-back spoke to other clubs before deciding to sign a contract with the Dutch giants which will run until June 2022 Ajax have snapped up teenager Perr Schuurs from Fortuna Sittard following reported interest from Liverpool.Talented centre-back Schuurs has agreed a four-and-a-half-year contract at the Amsterdam ArenA, but will be loaned back to second-tier side Fortuna for the remainder of the season when the deal goes through on January 1.The defender was named captain of Fortuna ahead of the 2017-18 season, at just 17 years of age, having impressed in his debut campaign with the first team. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player Schuurs had been touted as a candidate to strengthen Liverpool’s under-fire defence, while also being linked with the Reds’ Premier League rivals Tottenham, but he felt Ajax was the right fit despite talking to other suitors.Staat je goed Perr, dat & die 3 ! #WelkomPerr pic.twitter.com/M0BzhPtSDD— AFC Ajax (@AFCAjax) December 7, 2017″It is a dream to be able to play at a top club like Ajax,” he said in a statement on Fortuna’s official website.”There were several clubs interested and I also spoke with other clubs, but my feeling at Ajax was immediately very good. I think that’s important.”Ajax director of football Marc Overmars said: “He knows what is required of him to be able to reach the top. The fact that he is already captain at Fortuna Sittard at this young age also says something about his personality.”We are pleased that we have been able to sign this great Dutch talent.”It is already being suggested that Schuurs could be a long-term successor at Ajax for Matthijs de Ligt, with the 18-year-old centre-half being heavily linked with a switch to La Liga giants Barcelona.Ajax have also announced the signing of Boureima Hassane Bande from Mechelen this week. Subscribe to Goal’s Liverpool Correspondent Neil Jones’ weekly email bringing you the best Liverpool FC writing from around the weblast_img read more

Bucks remain in the fast lane swim past Hoosiers

The Ohio State men’s swimming and diving team opened up its dual meet against conference rival Indiana with a sweep of first through third place in the 200 medley relay.            That performance turned out to be a resounding statement for the rest of the competition. The No. 12 Buckeyes dominated the No. 20 Hoosiers from start to finish, winning by a score of 224-74 to improve to 6-0 on the season.            For the second week in a row, senior Joel Elber and sophomore Andrew Elliott each scored a pair of individual victories. Additionally, senior Stefan Sigrist and junior Elliott Keefer also had two wins. The team had this meet on their mind ever since their close loss to the Hoosiers in Bloomington, Ind., last season, Elber said.            “It was a close meet last year so we’ve been looking forward to this meet for a year,” he said. “There’s always tension [against Indiana] and it’s always a bit personal. There’s a lot of emotion involved.”            Elber capped off a brilliant first half of the meet for the Buckeyes by winning the 50 free in 20.52, leaving the score 105-26 at intermission.            “I’m always happy with a win. I concentrate on winning. Times will come,” Elber said.  “I’m right where I should be [in terms of times]; there are always technical things I can work on though.”            Coach Bill Wadley was focused more on the task at hand as opposed to any rivalry that might exist between the two teams.            “The objective every meet is the same,” Wadley said. “Obviously IU is a Big Ten school and they’re very good and very well-coached. Today we happened to have a good meet.”            The Buckeyes won every event for the second meet in a row and took first, second and third place in nine of the races. Elber, one of 14 seniors who had never previously beaten Indiana in a dual meet, was extremely proud of the team’s performance.            “This is one of our tune-ups for Big Ten’s and the first top 20 team we’ve faced this year,” said Elber. “We rose to the occasion and avenged what we did last year.”            Wadley was satisfied with the entire team’s performance, but acknowledged that there were some standout individual accomplishments.            “Keefer was outstanding, Elliott has been consistent the whole year, it seems you can count on him every time,” Wadley said. “Stefan steps up every time he races; when you got four guys getting two wins apiece every meet, that’s special.”            The Buckeyes’ impressive victory should give them a confidence boost when they take to the pool again in two weeks and welcome Penn State, Michigan and Northwestern to Columbus.  Wadley said two weeks of practice will put the Buckeyes in great shape and in a position to win.            “Hopefully two weeks from now we’re even faster.” read more

Chelsea in Higuain talks

first_imgChelsea open talks with Juventus over Gonzalo Higuain transfer, according to talkSPORT.Chelsea have begun negotiations with Juventus of the transfer of Gonzalo Higuain. The deal could also see Alvaro Morata move in the other to Turin.Juventus are willing to cash in on the 30-year-old striker after they completed a deal to sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid.New Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is hoping to conduct quick transfer business after his appointment and the club have confirmed the signing of Jorginho from Napoli.Tammy Abraham, ChelseaChelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.Sarri is also believed to want a new striker with Gonzalo Higuain at the top of that list. Napoli duo of Dries Mertens and Jose Callejon have also been linked with moves to Stamford Bridge but Higuain remains the number one priority at this time.The deal to bring Higuain to London could include Alvaro Morata as Chelsea are willing to include him as a makeweight to sign Higuain.Morata could return to Juventus, a club with which he spent two years before with returning to Madrid in 2016.last_img read more

Liverpool transfer gossip French youngster becomes first January signing

first_imgEnglish side Liverpool have made their first signing of the transfer window but this time it is a deal considered to be for the future.According to ESPN FC via The Mirror, Liverpool have completed a move for 16-year-old French defender Billy Koumetio after a successful trial period.The youngster has been with Liverpool under-17s since November and has been impressive in quite a few friendlies played since then.Koumetio had previously played for French second division side US Orleans, where he joined from Lyon after an impressive string of performances.Jadon Sancho, Borussia DortmundCrouch: Liverpool could beat Man United to Jadon Sancho Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Peter Crouch wouldn’t be surprised to see Jadon Sancho end up at Liverpool one day instead of his long-term pursuers Manchester United.Koumetio will start his Liverpool career in their under-16s squad and aim to work his way through the ranks to eventually reach Jurgen Klopp’s first team.Liverpool are currently leading the English Premier league table with four points ahead of closest rivals Manchester City. They face Bayern Munich in next month’s UEFA Champions League round of 16 encounters.last_img read more

Hleb I will punch Fabregas when we meet tonight

first_imgFormer Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb jokingly said he would “punch” Cesc Fabregas ahead of BATE Borisov’s Europa League clash with ChelseaThe midfield duo played alongside each other at Arsenal between 2005 and 2008 before Hleb left for Barcelona.While Fabregas himself did eventually rejoin Barcelona from Arsenal three years later, he never did play with Hleb at the Camp Nou after the Belarusian went out on three loan spells before finally leaving in 2012.Hleb, who is now in his fourth stint with BATE, is eyeing up tonight’s game at Stamford Bridge with a keen interest as he prepares to face his old friend.“It will be nice to see Cesc again,” Hleb told the Daily Telegraph. “We’ve been messaging each other. When I see him, I will … [makes a mock punching gesture] no, I’m joking.”Tammy Abraham, ChelseaChelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.When asked who is the better player out of the two of them, Hleb remained coy and replied: “Ask Cesc, he knows!”The 37-year-old reflected fondly of his time at Arsenal and is feeling optimistic about their chances of Premier League glory this season.Under new manager Unai Emery, Arsenal have won their last 10 games in succession.“Of course,” said Hleb, when asked if they can win.“They start not good, but now like a rocket they go up.”last_img read more