IMF reports back to TCI on findings after ten days in country Surplus but no savior in PNP Administration for BAFSL IMF report gives warning and suggestion to refund insurance company clients Related Items:British Atlantic Financial Services, liquidation, methodist church Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 28 Oct 2014 – One on one meetings will start next week for islanders who had invested in savings and other plans with British Atlantic Financial Services. The company, which had been purchased a few years ago by the Methodist Church, is sadly headed to liquidation. Reports are that about $100,000 in insurance plans will be lost if this liquidation, which does seem imminent, goes through. One family telling Magnetic Media they have been putting money into their plan for over 20 years. This is at least the fourth financial institution to go under in the Turks and Caicos in six years. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, August 1, 2016 – A weekend event for the governing Progressive National Party seemed to breath life into the political machine, which is now fuelled up and rearing to go as the first political party to reveal all of its contenders for the upcoming General Elections. While the date remains a mystery, with the Premier having as late as February 2017 to call the national voting day, the next run off will prove to be historic with likely the most candidates entering the political fray in the history of the TCI.At Progress House on Saturday night, which is newly painted in a striking yellow, a press conference turned political rally, spanned nearly four hours as all fifteen standard bearers passionately expounded on their plans or continued plans and desires under a fourth time in, PNP regime. We go first to Electoral District number 1, Grand Turk North where Minister George Lightbourne is incumbent, “I have been called many things over the past four years, good and bad, but the name I hold true to is, FIGHTER.”Onto Grand Turk South & Salt Cay, another Lightbourne, Arthur who the Premier believes can deliver for the first time, this seat to the PNP. “I can promise you, I will fight with my party to make sure you get the opportunities that is available.”Electoral District #3, one of seven women presented by the PNP on Saturday, current Government appointment member to the House of Assembly, Ruth Blackman was all smiles. “This afternoon, it is quite evident from the turn out here this afternoon is that the PNP is alive and well, and on its way to victory, for a fourth consecutive term.”Big islands, big representation is one of the many spiels of Mark Fulford, who debuted his theme song and main slogan, mark your mark for Mark. “who ever they send, when ever they send, they gonna get a lickin’ out of this world.”Onto Electoral District five, Leeward and Long Bay where Deputy Premier & Education Minister Akierra Missick will run again. “I made four promises, three and a half to four years ago, I have accomplished those promises, and there is much more work for us to do. And again that was only the foundation, Leeward and Long Bay.”The Bight is the country’s bread basket and home to a slew of #1s touted current member for the district, Minister of Tourism, Porsha Smith. “I said that I would partner for investment, I said that I would foster entrepreneurship and I said I would preserve our environment, and I am happy to report, that we were able to secure for The Bight community multi-recreational center, that I heard the other side talking about, and they would be able to talk about it because I shared it with them, they were on my team four years ago, we were able to secure 12.45 acres of land.”Perhaps she can be labelled a quiet storm, another of the women in the front line of the PNP, Minister of Infrastructure and Housing Amanda Missick listed her accomplishments. “When Glass Shack became my constituency Richmond Hill, the first time it was 2012, there roads were in such bad state. Residents were taking buckets of koury and pouring it into the roads themselves, I promised them that I would get you roads. Now you can drive on I-95”Later today, we bring you the five at large candidates, comments from the National Chairman and Party Deputy Leader and the remaining three for the PNP in Providenciales. Related Items:
Former Labour Commissioner arrested on corruption allegations confirms Integrity Commission Illegal Work Permit ring busted by Police and Integrity Commission Veteran Public Servant arrested in corruption probe, Tourism Deputy PS taken in today Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, May 9th 2017 – Providenciales – Deputy Premier and Minister of Border Control and Employment, Sean Astwood has stated that his ministry is continuing their efforts to eradicate legacy issues including corruption by the Civil Service. This comes amid the joint and collaborative efforts of the Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police Force and the Integrity Commission to treat allegations of corruption and associated crimes, which threaten the national security of the country.Earlier today, both police and officers of the Integrity Commission visited the offices of the Labour Department in Providenciales and seized a number of documents in connection with ongoing investigations.Minister Astwood also confirmed that, “these activities will be on-going and we are committed to seeing them through to ensure that the Ministry of Border Control and Employment can operate as a well managed, efficient and responsive organization that consistently delivers on its corporate objectives and responsibilities.”Story By: Kay-Marie Fletcher#MagneticMediaNews#IntegrityCommission Related Items:#IntegrityCommission, #magneticmedianews
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI June 17, 2017 — Former Education Minister Josephine Connolly claims the reason offered by Premier Sharlene Robinson for her dismissal is a smokescreen.Connolly was fired from her Cabinet post yesterday. The Premier has promised to speak with the media and public about the matter on Monday, but said in a statement that there have been “scathing attacks” against the her and the People’s Democratic Movement (PDM) in recent weeks. Robinson also said that a family matter was being exploited for “personal and political gain.”In response, Connolly has denied the allegations. “The charges laid by the Premier against me are without any foundation or credence. I am of the firm view that the reasons given by the Premier were a smokescreen to hide the real reason,” she said. Connolly added that the allegations were false and that she was never allowed to formally defend herself.It is believed that the upset within the PDM began during disagreement on the treatment abroad policy of the National Health Insurance Plan, when a relative of Connolly needed off island emergency health care.Connolly pledged to remain loyal to the people of TCI as a member of the House of Assembly, however. “I was born in these Islands and I decided to enter into politics late in life because I felt I had something to offer, something to contribute, to my country and to my people. It was a dream come true to be your representative and your Minister and I cannot lie that I am bitterly disappointed that the opportunity to help my people has been taken away from me.”#MagneticMediaNews#JosephineConnollyFired TCI Premier blasts Opposition side for “slop” information, sets it straight in HOA TCI Country Leaders condemn vicious memes Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:#magneticmedianews, josephine connolly, Pdm, Premier Sharlene Robinson Recommended for you Only Doug and Ralph and Ruth can fit, that’s why
Former Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb jokingly said he would “punch” Cesc Fabregas ahead of BATE Borisov’s Europa League clash with ChelseaThe midfield duo played alongside each other at Arsenal between 2005 and 2008 before Hleb left for Barcelona.While Fabregas himself did eventually rejoin Barcelona from Arsenal three years later, he never did play with Hleb at the Camp Nou after the Belarusian went out on three loan spells before finally leaving in 2012.Hleb, who is now in his fourth stint with BATE, is eyeing up tonight’s game at Stamford Bridge with a keen interest as he prepares to face his old friend.“It will be nice to see Cesc again,” Hleb told the Daily Telegraph. “We’ve been messaging each other. When I see him, I will … [makes a mock punching gesture] no, I’m joking.”Chelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.When asked who is the better player out of the two of them, Hleb remained coy and replied: “Ask Cesc, he knows!”The 37-year-old reflected fondly of his time at Arsenal and is feeling optimistic about their chances of Premier League glory this season.Under new manager Unai Emery, Arsenal have won their last 10 games in succession.“Of course,” said Hleb, when asked if they can win.“They start not good, but now like a rocket they go up.”
Welsh forward Gareth Bale, finally opened up about not winning this year’s Puskas Award and losing vs Mohamed Salah.Award season was really hard for Gareth Bale, the Welshman who lost the Puskas Award against Mohamed Salah earlier this year.Every single person who watched the ceremony believed that either Bale or Cristiano Ronaldo would get recognized with the prize, but the Egyptian forward had more votes than anybody else and even he was shocked when he got on the podium to pick up the trophy.We still hadn’t heard from any of the other players who lost against Salah, but this month’s issue of Four Four Two gives us an insight into what Gareth Bale thinks of losing against the Liverpool player.Gareth Bale was recognized by the magazine for that goal in the Champions League final against the Reds, a bicycle kick goal that is extremely difficult to reproduce for any other player in the world bu Bale managed to score in the most important match of the season at club level.It’s pretty obvious that the Welshman is convinced that he is the one who deserved to win it above Salah and even Ronaldo, who also scored a beautiful bicycle kick goal against Juventus earlier in the season.⚠️ NEW ISSUE EXCLUSIVE🗣️ Gareth Bale: I should have won the Puskas Award 👀It was a pretty good goal…➡️https://t.co/gmvBuoy0Gb#FFTNewIssue pic.twitter.com/11LjAUC4vh— FourFourTwo ⚽️ (@FourFourTwo) December 3, 2018Bale gave an interview to the magazine where he was honored with the award, he described what he felt when Mohamed Salah won the Puskas Award and explained why he feels he is the one who should’ve been in that podium accepting the honor.“Yeah, I was surprised by that, to be honest,” said Gareth Bale to Four Four Two.“What can you say? It makes the award look a little diminished, although it was obviously a great goal by Salah.”“The strike was instinctive. I got my body positioned correctly, got my footwork right, and caught it perfectly. When you catch the ball perfectly, you know it’s on target.”“You just have to hope the keeper doesn’t make an unbelievable save. So as soon as I hit it, I knew it had a chance of going in. If you watch it, you see my head turn straight away. I knew where the ball was going.”Mo Salah laughs off Sadio Mane incident with a brilliant video Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Mohamed Salah laughed off his little spat with Liverpool team-mate Sadio Mane by posting a brilliant video showing they’ve made up.“I think you’d have to say that [it was my best goal],” he added.“There haven’t been too many like that! I did love the one in the  Copa del Rey final against Barcelona, but as this one was on such a big stage – the Champions League final, the biggest game in club football – and technically it was the winner, I’d have to say that it’s the best,” he concluded.Honoured to be nominated for the 2018 FIFA #Puskas Award. To score a goal like that on the biggest stage of world football was a dream come true! https://t.co/58DL3wucfR #HalaMadrid pic.twitter.com/K2GmCNDaxr— Gareth Bale (@GarethBale11) September 3, 2018Now that the year is gone, there is no question that the Puskas Award was not the goal that everybody else expected.The two top goals that were eligible for any award this year were Cristiano Ronaldo’s against Juventus and Gareth Bale’s masterpiece against Liverpool.But picking one above the other is a very complicated endeavor as both are equally beautiful, but the Welshman’s achievement seems like the more important of the two.It’s kind of sad that Gareth Bale hasn’t lived up to the expectations he made at the end of last season, injuries have always prevented him from reaching his highest potential.Contrary to the incredible career that Cristiano Ronaldo already has under his belt, seems like Gareth Bale will have to be happy with the few individual awards he gets and the protagonist role he has experienced for both his club or his country throughout his career.This goal he scored in the last Champions League final, was actually the biggest chance he was ever going to get for a major recognition and he lost it against a goal that practically nobody liked.Important three points tonight! 💪🏻 #HalaMadrid pic.twitter.com/dADv2Zaa7W— Gareth Bale (@GarethBale11) December 1, 2018Do you agree with Gareth Bale or which other goal deserved the Puskas Award? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.
00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsIf you’ve driven by Mission Bay lately, you’ve probably noticed a lot of big machines working in the water.This is a massive dredging project, the first one in 50 years.Over those years, the floor of the bay has become uneven so it’s time to straighten it out.KUSI’s Dan Plante was LIVE with details on how it works and how long it will take. February 16, 2018 Posted: February 16, 2018 Dan Plante, Mission Bay undergoes massive dredging project after 50 years Dan Plante Categories: Local San Diego News Tags: Mission Bay FacebookTwitter